Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My Most Recent Batch


I haven’t made a batch of soap for 3 or 4 months. I was really going through withdrawal and we were running very low on soap. So I finally took the time to make a fairly large 8 pound batch. It turned out very pretty, in my opinion. I used a warm yummy scent called “Mayan Gold” for a small part of the batch. I like that one a lot. It’s a very soft smell that I think both men and women will like. It is the perfect smell. Here is what the manufacturer of the fragrance said about it: "This would be such a sexy men's scent! Luxurious. A mix of exotic woods, fruits and spices including patchouli, sandalwood, clary sage, mandarin orange and grapefruit touched with vanilla, chocolate and musk." Doesn't that just sound nice? I only had a little bit of that scent. I would have liked to do more of the batch with that. The rest of the batch I scented with some Cucumber Melon fragrance. I like cucumber melon. This one really smells more of cucumber than melon, so it is a clean fresh scent. I wish it did have a little more of a fruity melon fragrance. But it still turned out nice.

Like I said, I was really running low on soap. Last year I went through a lot of what I made giving them away as birthday presents for the Relief Society ladies in my ward. I wrapped them in a cute fabric and tied it off with a ribbon and a little flower. They were really cute and nice gifts that I could make for about 50 cents each. This year we are doing something different (lip balms, their cute too!) so it should be easier for me to not get so low on soap.

9 comments:

Ruuddudes said...

You are talented, girl! I wonder if you could see homeade soap on e-bay!

Ruuddudes said...

I meant "sell" it on e-bay. You can tell I didn't get Tracy & Jen's typing skills...

Traci said...

Those scents sound yummy! Your soaps turned out great!

Tiff Alaine said...

They are very pretty! What are the ones to the left shaped like? I would go with Etsy though, not Ebay.

Kris said...

Those are lovely, Kat! I was wondering what those shapes on the end are too?

MikeG Family said...

Well aren't you creative and crafty? What an awesome gift to give - handmade soap! I love it. They sound like they smell wonderful. Way to go!

Katrina said...

The furthest ones are very pretty butterflies, and the ones in front of that are some cute little animals (a frog, lion, fish and dog), and the closest ones are gem shaped. These are my favorite individual molds. I have a few heart shaped ones, some flower ones and some dome shaped ones and too.

Sondra said...

I love your soap! I wish that I could smell them all! I love to take a good whiff of our handmade soaps. I'm glad you found time to makes some more.

Sondra said...

I meant to say I love to take a good whiff of your handmade soaps. It's too bad they don't have an edit button for these comments.